Saturday, April 12, 2008

I am a horrible parent.

So I've been running Encounter Critical on and off for three years now. Over the weekend it occurred to me that I had made a huge oversite in my EC games. Not once had I used a vulcan with a lightsabre as a pregenerated PC. What was I thinking? Clearly I wasn't.

The internet being what it is, I went out and googled "spock jedi" and immediately grabbed this image:


My daughter, who is watching a cartoon in the same room asks me "Daddy, who is that?" I was dumbstruck. Holy crap, my daughter has no idea who Spock is. How did I allow this gaping hole in her education?

The next shipment from Amazon is definitely including the boxed set for Star Trek: The Animated Series. She has an aversion against "shows", her term for anything that isn't animated. Old Lone Ranger episodes are about the only shows she will watch.