Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Starting Equipment Charts for Rebel Scum

In the comments to yesterday's post reader jinnetics requested that I share these charts with the group.

ARMOR
1-2 None
3-4 Blast Helmet & Vest
5-6 Padded Flight Suit

MELEE WEAPON
1 None
2 Vibrodagger
3 Vibroblade
4 Cesta
5 Light Sabre
6 Knife
7 Stun Baton
8 Combat Gloves

RANGED WEAPON
1 Hold-Out Blaster
2 Blaster Pistol
3 Sporting Blaster Pistol
4 Slugthrower Pistol
5 Heavy Blaster Pistol
6 Blaster Carbine

Understand that I'm not married to these charts. If Doug absolutely needs a dayglo orange jumpsuit for his pilot, I'm not going to make him roll. Similary, Pat has talked about making some sort of heavy weapons dude. He can have a bigger gun than a Blaster Carbine, if he wants. Anyone rolling a light sabre will be urged to come up with some sort of cool explanation for why they've got it. The default assumption will be that one of their parents was a jedi knight who fought in the Clone Wars.

Also, I recommend reading Settembrini's last comment on yesterday's blog entry.

7 comments:

  1. I think it would make more sense to account for starting weapon/armor proficiencies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Luke have light sabre proficiency when he first acquired one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no - but he picked it up shortly after that, and 'getting a lightsabre' is a class feature of the Jedi, anyway.

    What I was really thinking of, though, was the fact that if you were a Scoundrel, say, and were proficient in pistols but not rifles, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to start off with a rifle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair enough. Like I said, these charts aren't the end-all and be-all of working around the stupid money system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to take the easy (Risus-y) way out, and let folks write down whatever they and I agree is reasonable.

    That said, randomly-rolled stuff brings spice and sparkle to any process, and I therefore applaud random equipment as goodly, godly, and groovy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff - I looked around but don't seem to have your email. I wanted to show you my (IMHO) kickass new generators on Abulafia. Seems like they'd be right up your alley for the Vinland campaign or elsewhere:

    Fantasy Place Name for points of interest or named landmarks, and Fantasy Town Feature for landmarks within a settlement.

    It sounds like your SW campaign is during the rebellion, but if its earlier, somebody else just put up a Clone Army Unit generator. Happy gaming!

    Dave (dave dot younce at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete