Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Five Star Link

One of the best D&D resources on teh intarweb is Jans Carton's Hypertext d20 SRD. Navigating Carton's site is much simpler than flipping through a rulebook. I've used the Hypertext SRD to prep numerous encounters and to sift through tricky rules. Right now I've got a print-out from the site that lists all the SRD monsters. I'm using it as a brainstormer, crossing off all the monsters I've used recently and seeing if anything left pops out at me. I haven't used an Aranea since the last time I ran X1 The Isle of Dread, that was probably around 1989 or '90 and my last Naga deployment was probably that long ago, too. And I've never used a Nightshade or a Titan. Lotsa neat possibilities in this list...

3 comments:

  1. You had a Guardian Naga at the top of the octahedron of good, guarding the chalice of chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I had forgot about that one. Ray's awesome tricking of the silver dragon is the standout moment of that adventure. It kinda obscures the rest of it in my admittedly feeble memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good idea for the SRD. Thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete