Thursday, July 20, 2006

Embarassingly bad cover art

Now that Blogger seems to be cooperating I wanted to show you the pictures of the two novels I nearly didn't buy because of the ghastly art on the cover. The Caves of Reglathium is bad, with no real action in the pose of the hero and the bad guys looking retched. But The Caves of Madness is simply atrocious. A bowie knife, a headband, and a skirt? I like how Lothar of the Hill People, er, I mean Balzan of the Cat People, shows off his perfect teeth and well-oiled abs. And the logos for the titles of the two series are just awful as well.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:37 PM

    Wow. That's... just... bad. Balzan of the Cat People? How, Jeff? How can you read this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I just gotta get stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I borrow it when you're done?

    uh...for research purposes of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like corny comic-book covers from the 50's

    ReplyDelete