Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The plague: fun for the whole family

Today we screened this short film in one of my classes as part of a look at Defoe's A Journal of the Plague Year. I thought maybe fans of later-period historical fantasy might dig on it. Certainly as I was reading Defoe's book I thought it would make great fodder for Warhammer Fantasy or Lamentations of the Flame Princess type games. The lumpy looking dude standing guard outside the infected tavern is a government-appointed goon charged with making sure no one in a quarantined building escapes.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I was rooting for the wigmaker to snap out of it and do something heroic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Blakdout, but at the same time I found myself asking how I would feel were it me, in modern day. Am I willing to give up my life and cross the authorities for the sake of a child who might be infected? By no means an easy decision, even though the right decision seemed obvious.

    But I hoped, still.

    Pretty ghoulish note about wigmaking, though. I'll have to remember that for my next WFRP game.

    ReplyDelete