Monday, January 12, 2009

live finks

Minimus RPG - Dave, my original gaming buddy, tells me his group is going to give this a try. Looks pretty dang hippy to me, which is weird considering author Ken Burnsides also wrote Attack Vector, a game that I would only recommend to people who think SFB isn't crunchy enough.

Transcript from the World RPG Congress - HUZZAH!!!

Uncle Bear's Encounter Savage - Even if you are an unrepentant cretin who has zero interest in either Encounter Critical or Savage Worlds, do yourself a favor and at least look at the awesome pictures.

A gallery of painted Dr. Who miniatures
- It's amazing how incredibly nifty some of those crappy rubber aliens look as 28mm metal.

Scratch that project off the list! - Amityville Mike makes a PDF freebie for Labyrinth Lord/'81 Basic/Expert D&D that is astonishingly similar to something I was working on myself. Am I required to besmirch his reputation with baseless accusations now? Or do I go straight to challenging him to pistols at twenty paces? What's the protocol?

Just kidding about that 'unrepentant cretin' line.

11 comments:

  1. Am I required to besmirch his reputation with baselss accusations now? Or do I go straight to challenging him to a pistols at twenty paces. What's the protocol?

    I think there's a table somewhere in the Ready Refs that we roll on to determine the outcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Encounter Savage is f'ing awesome. That it was spawned is a portent of the rapturous endtimes that are just beginning to rev up. Most sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Love the the Doctor Who Minatures but no Leela :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...pretty dang hippy to me, which is weird considering ..."

    Oh, Jeff, not you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, you may want to forewarn readers that the "Uncle Bear's Encounter Savage" is actually PDF--not a regular 'ol intarwebs link.

    And yes, the pictures are f#$@!ing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in top form today. Encounter Savage is sweet, Mike's work sound cool but haven't read it yet.

    I remember Ken Burnsides from when I used to check otu the SFB forums - top notch mind, good ideas, and an all around good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:00 PM

    "Elf babe skewers a TV demon"

    This is what my life has been missing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, those DW miniatures. I'm really trying to focus on getting my (far inferior) Trek minis painted, and this just distracts me to no end. I have a number of these, and more sitting in Blacktree's shopping cart. Must. Resist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:04 PM

    I'm amazed at how many of those Doctor Who miniatures could just be dropped into a D&D game and used as various monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Encounter Savage is rockin' like Dokken!
    And remember, Jeff--baseless accusations are part of the American way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete