Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm pretty excited

I just finished the first draft of a review for RPGnet. This will be my first time submitting a review anywhere. Two years ago, when I first started blogging, this was one of my goals. I figured the blogging would increase my level of comfort and confidence in my own writing such that I could bring myself to submit a review or two for publication. And as far as I'm concerned RPGnet counts just as much as a publication as would any print product. In my mind it has replaced the old school era of Dragon as the premier place to go for generalist rpg material and as the center of the world-wide rpg community. RPGnet's warm reception of my Wraeththu report convinced me that now was the time for me to finally write up a review and fire it off. I'm not quite to that point yet, though. My first draft is a little rough in spots and needs some revising. Still, I'm pretty jazzed about the whole thing.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:49 PM

    I look forward to seeing your review!

    And... the world of blogspam is very weird and random, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the votes of confidence! I finally figured out how to delete a comment (click on the little trashcan - duh!) so the next spam I get is a goner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the reivew is submitted. I'll post an update when it's published on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Jeff. and I was looking forward to your review on golfing On Long Island.

    I'll be on the lookout for your gaming reviews though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the Long Island Golfing thing would be pretty cool, too.

    just kiddin'

    ReplyDelete