Monday, February 28, 2005

We Got Game

My folks, my sister Jenn, and my nephew all came over for a visit yesterday. While mom and dad played with the grandkids Jenn and I played a game of Carcassonne. She brought her copy so that I could try the Traders & Builders expansion. Good stuff. I'm going to have to get a copy of that. We also played a game of Scrabble with my wife. I got a new copy for a fiver at the after-Xmas sales. Maybe at the next Winter War I will run a session of Carcassonne with all the expansions in use.

Later after everyone went home I got onto Amazon. My brother-in-law's birthday is this coming weekend, so I ordered him a book off of his wishlist. And while I was doing that I got Elizabeth a Teen Titans DVD. She's really gotten into that show. We spent a fair amount of time on Saturday looking for a copy locally. And my needed another travel guide to Disneyworld. Reading those and planning the perfect Disney vacation are her hobby. And I got myself the official Mutants & Masterminds GM's screen and Goodman Game's Dungeon Crawl Classic #11: The Dragonfiend Pact. I bought a module. That's what getting C&C will do to you. I need another dungeon module like a need a whole in my head. But I love 'em. I spent a good portion of the weekend downloading a bunch of free adventure modules from Wizards.

Random campaign idea: a trio of sci-fi 'novels'. The first novel is set in the solar system, in a near future sort of thing ripped in large part from the Spacer's Guide for Jovian Chronicles. Book 2 is set in Alpha Centauri, a la Centauri Knights from Guardians of Order. The final novel of the trilogy would feature a first contact story set in the second solar system ever to be visited by humans: Volturnus of Star Frontiers fame. I imagine running the whole thing with Savage Worlds or d20 Future.

No comments:

Post a Comment