- The rulebook, which will hopefully be short when it is complete.
- Fleet Sheets, one for each player. These are kinda like the ship sheets from Star Fleet Battles or the mech sheets from BattleTech, but they printed on legal-sized paper in landscape orientation. About one third of the sheet is used to detail your flagship, while the rest will be used for tracking your fleet.
- Miniatures or counters for all the ships involved. At some point I'll do a tutorial on how to make pretty decent counters using MS Paint, colored paper, cardstock and poker chips.
- A hex map. If you want to use rulers and protractors that's your business, but I'll stick to the simplicity of hexes and the kick-assitude of this sort of thing.
- Dice. This game uses D&D type dice, especially d4, d6, d8, d10 and d12. Maybe other dice too. I dunno yet.
- Turn counters. Chits or tokens marked on one side with arrows (turning right, turning left, straight) or a stop sign. Ideally the other side would be relatively unobtrusive but still detectable on the map. You'll need a quantity of these, as each ship will use one every turn.
- Pencils or somesuch.
- A pack of ordinary playing cards.
Kagunk, Ogre Boss with Demon Shield!
2 hours ago