Thursday, February 14, 2008

coming... soon?

Generally all-around awesome D&D'er calithena has demanded that I email him a copy of my "Xylarthen's Tower" adventure that I ran at the con last Sunday. He's pretty much in a position to make such a demand because a while back he sent me a copy of House of the Axe, his super-nifty Arduin adventure for 3e. That was a load of fun to run.

But rather than just scan all my notes in and fire them off to cal, I think I'll try a make a presentable PDF download out of my mess of a dungeon key. The maps will be scans of my pencil-on-graph-paper originals, since I don't have the foggiest idea how to make a professional looking dungeon map. But the key will be cleaned up so that someone besides me will be able to read the text and know what the hell is going on. I'm planning on presenting the dungeon pretty much as it existed before the PCs from Sunday started plundering it, with the single exception that I simply must include the sickly mule they abandoned on level 1.

So that's my newest gaming project, a free PDF OD&D module. Of course I am now wondering when was the last time someone considered publishing an OD&D module. Are there any others out there on the net? And when was the last print OD&D adventure released?