Tuesday, January 01, 2008

pretty cool

This month's issue of Knights of the Dinner Table feature a cover where the one and only Erol Otus does an homage to himself. Not many artists can get away with something like that. And if you turn to page 65 you'll find that Kenneth Newquist's 'Summon Web Scryer' column covers gaming blogs this month. Zachary, the Doc, and I all get mentions. So if you're new here thanks to Mr. Newquist's article, welcome to the ol' Gameblog. We've got both kinds of roleplaying here: dungeons and dragons!

Crap, I nearly forgot to thank Kathleen and her bud Doug for pointing out this issue to me. I only get KoDT now and again and this issue would have otherwise blown right past me.

2 comments:

  1. What, you only occasionally pick up KODT? it's the only comic book I ever buy, actually, and I never miss an issue (still waiting, eagerly, for this one with the EO cover to show up at my local comic book and/or game store).
    I thought KODT looked stupid, actually, until I actually read an issue. Then I was hooked. You'll like it better if you get each ish 'cause the story-arcs take several months to resolve.
    Anyway, congrats on the mention there. But that reminds me, I think you ought to pitch a regular column to those guys, it would be cool to see your writing in print, not just on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've more than once thought of getting a sub, as I've enjoyed every issue I've ever bought. Pitching a column never occurred to me, but I have considered shooting them a review. I still owe Clash Bowley a write-up for Aces in Spades.

    ReplyDelete