Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Mob War Continues

I think last night's Mob War game rocked on toast. We introduced a new PC, Ray's obese burglar Dre (turns out Ray slept through the last get-together) and played out a little caper flick sort of an adventure. The PCs pulled a con job on the local law enforcement of Madison, Wisconsin, convincing the Chief of Police that they were federal agents. A joint taskforce then proceeded to take down the Tolino Mob's convoy of Canadian whisky. I had a rip-snorter of a time, even though the PCs offed my two favorite Tolino mobsters, the Basque and Butcher Bertello. The Basque died an ignominious death, but Butcher went out like a man. I'm not sure how much material I have left for this micro-campaign. The escalation of mob violence has reached a fevered pitch and I'm not sure how much longer it can be sustained. Still, it started as a one-shot and I never promised more than 6 sessions, so I only have three more sessions to bring Lakefront City down around the PCs' ears.

Best moment of the night for me had to be when the guys realized that one of the Tolino gangsters was packing a World War I army surplus flamethrower! Their reactions were priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:03 PM

    I'll remind you of the time Doc & company
    returned from adventuring to find the keep
    under attack by the Napoleon of Paladins.
    Any PC who trusts the NPCs to defend the homestead
    in their absence is a jackass.
    No offence to Lady Tasha and Sir Grunty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I don't need to have Harrigan's trashed and the NPC goons deaded when the gang gets home. Unlike Doc's Doomcone Keep the O'Connor Boys don't live at Harrigan's. Next session I don't need to use more firepower than the flamethrower. Why escalate hardware when all I have to do is start playing hardball? That's why Big Al called in New York connections, the fellas from the Big Apple don't have the same sort of Midwest sentimentalties. To them, it's just business.

    ReplyDelete