Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Last night was boardgames night. We played Puerto Rico and Bohnanza. I came in fourth place in a field of four both times. I feel like I learned more about PR but I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong in Bohnanza. Maybe I'm being too generous in my trading. After 3 weeks in a row with the bean game I think I'm ready for a break, but I'd certainly play Puerto Rico again. My brother-in-law calls it a "gamer's game", that's his term for a game in which every turn you find yourself having to choose from several equally interesting strategies. If you have X moves to make but find yourself wanting to do X+Y different tasks, you've found a gamer's game.

I guess tomorrow night is another session of my Mob War micro-campaign. I'm not sure what sort of prep I need to do to make tomorrow night's game smoother. I've handed the PCs a task (intercept the Tolino Mob bootleg convoy) and they have all sorts of crazy ways they can try to accomplish this. I'm both excited to see what they will pull off and worried whether I will be able to keep up with these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment