Tuesday, February 09, 2010

some news items

  • TARGA, the Traditional Adventure Roleplaying Games Association, has scheduled another International Traditional Gaming Week, this time for March 21st through 27th. The basic deal is that people are challenged to work some old school gaming into their schedule that week. Run a one-shot for some friends, do a store demo, etc. Since my Mutant Future group should be meeting the Wednesday of that week I should be covered for this event. But I would be more than happy to run a second game that week if anyone in the Champaign-Urbana area wants me to do so. Or if you're willing to come to CU for a visit. Shoot me an email to jrients at the gmail to the dot com and we'll work something out. For that matter, even if it's not that particular week don't ever hesitate to email me and ask me to run something.
  • Also on the TARGA front is the Gary Gygax Pledge-An-Auction, a fundraiser for Gary Con. There's three neat items up for bid right now and I believe more are on the way.
  • Speaking of Gary Con, I just noticed that the event schedule is now available for Gary Con 2. I'm not sure what I want to play, as there's a crapload of interesting stuff. I gotta say, the idea of playing in a game that Rob Kuntz labels for advanced players only gives me the willies.
  • So James Mishler sent me a copy of his latest Wilderlands of High Adventure release, 100 Street Vendors of the City State. I'm really digging it. James always makes great use of the larger Wilderlands setting, but he also takes great pains to make his stuff work in other campaigns with minimal hassle. Want to liven up streetside encounters in your D&D city? Get yourself a copy.
  • Turns out there's a game convention in Indianapolis. Who knew? Who's Yer Con, March 12-14.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I consider myself a traditional gamer, but not an old-school gamer. So I can't tell if I'm TARGA material or not :(

    The labels are so confusing! [sobs]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to supply your own litmus test, dude. I will not draw any bright lines for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just frustrated by all these gamer cults. They freak me out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iä, Shub-Niggurath! The White Box with a thousand clones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who's Yer con's website is...sparse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you get the schedule page to load? It isn't doing anything for me.

    ReplyDelete