Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wi+ches & Wiz_rds, part 1

Back around '98 or so I bought a CD-ROM full of fantasy clipart. Here's what it looks like:

You see he's casting a spell while casting the sword.


At the time I got it I quickly found a suitable Slinky Vampiress image for the con flyer I was working on and pretty much forgot I had the thing for a decade or so. I rediscovered the disc in my most recent move and today on a lark I flipped through the whole dang disk. From the looks of it I was expecting folders full of traditional renfaire fantasy illos. I opened the folder labeled "Animals" expecting to find unicorns and dragons and such. Instead, I got a few hundred pics like this:

No comment.Smoldering cheetah temptresses aren't really my bag, but I decided to check out the other folders anyway. Turns out there's some really neat stuff on the disk as well, which I plan on sharing with all y'all over the next few days. Take, for instance, Conan totally throwing down on a lion!


So let me get this straight.  The adventure is called the Tower of the Elephant but the first encounter is with a lion?  REH must be one of those DMs that love to mess with your head.

More cool images later in the week.