Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So, I kinda got in trouble this morning.

My wife was reading over my shoulder as I wrote part 2 of my T&T post. The line "I have been unable to find the cable that allows the digital camera to talk the computer." did not amuse her at all. So today I had to do my level best to find that dang cable. No luck. But I did find the cable that allows her digital camera to talk to the computer. I'm not sure that's going to help me, since she didn't know that cable was missing as well. Either way I was able to swap memory cards between the two cameras and copy a couple pics to the ol' hard drive. First up, here's the T&T box in relation to some other books.


Now here's the box unpacked.


I suck at close-ups, so I put some of the components on a scanner for this next graphic. Click for a bigger pic.

And finally, here's a close-up of that Vampirella Wizardess.
There's also a blond elf in a Leia bikini that manages to pull of the look without looking like yet another bimbo slavegirl, but I prefer the dark-haired lasses.

By the way, thanks to the anonymous reader who suggested I get a card reader. I wasn't fully conscious that such things existed.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 PM

    You're welcome!

    BTW, to enter this comment I had to type "snkufepd", which sounds like military slang for things going horribly wrong ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! MY battle grid is in black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rotwang: maybe a later printing? Jeff's box looks identical to mine, but I don't remember looking for an indicia or printing-line ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:28 AM

    I more or less permanently lost our camera cord. But I bought a small device that takes our camera cards and plops into a USB port to make a slightly largish flash drive. It was cheaper than a new cord.

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Damn you, Mr. Rients!! Your post made me surf the web looking for an online store to purchase it!!

    Thankfully I finally made my roll against "Rients marketing" and could desist from doing so... but I spent all the morning pondering the possibility of getting one of those tin boxes.

    But... still... I'm so tempted...

    ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newer computers often include a card reader built in.

    My first card reader was in the form factor of a 3.5" floppy. You put your card in it, and then popped the thing in your floppy drive.

    Just before our wedding, my wife and I bought new cameras. We both got the same brand, so we actually have two cables which is nice. My desktop also has a reader, and my brand new work laptop has a reader.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. if anyone uses smartmedia, I have that floppy adapter somewhere, plus a USB adapter.

    Current USB adapters have multiple slots.

    Oh, many printers also have card reader slots, not sure if any of them let you upload to the computer though.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete