Monday, August 20, 2012

Hulks & Horrors

I've been busy as heck lately moving to a new town (good-bye Champaign-Urbana, hellow Bloomington-Normal!), packing and unpacking and getting ready for grad school (I've got a teaching gig this semester!  yay!).  Things may start to return to normal around here soon.

In the meantime, I would be remiss if I didn't share a link to the Hulks & Horrors fundraiser, as today is the last day to get in on this bad boy.  H&H is a game of sci-fi dungeoneering that's radically compatible with older versions of everyone's favorite game of smelly underground locales and angry fire-belching lizards.  I've seen a very thorough playtest draft that looks hella sweet.

Even if you don't want to pitch in some dough, click through that link just to check out the cool illo of the hoversquid wielding two rayguns.

8 comments:

  1. "favorite game of smelly underground locales and angry fire-belching lizards"

    Sewers & Salamanders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you going to be studying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. H&H looks to be a lot of fun. I've been trying to get the word out myself. I know the two illustrators and they do exceptional work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though the game hasn't reached it's funding goal, it looks like he will still release it, though without the awesome artwork :(

    http://www.indiegogo.com/hulksandhorrors?c=activity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloomington Indiana and Normal Illinois?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Welcome to my hometown! And my first university! Where I also once studied English Literature! With some of the people who are undoubtedly still there!

    (The failed Midwestern Knowledge skill roll above me makes me sad. Unless it was a joke)

    I have never been to Armored Gopher, but Gryfalia's Aerie is a pretty solid game shop ... that could definitely benefit from an Internet-Famous gamemaster stoking the RPG fires. Unless you are still going to run back in C/U.

    ReplyDelete