- New aphorism: The DM is always free to introduce a new complication.
- Pledge-object: an object of value given by the higher status party as part of a negotiation; if the higher status one breaks the pledge, the object is forfeit.
- Nullset Jones: a hypermathematician who specializes in Zero Theory, the math of zeroes, null sets, etc. Real first name is Larry.
- Spell Focus: a class of magic items in a material components heavy game. Non-exhaustible replacement for components. Examples: Wand of Sleep Focus, Staff of All First Level MU Spells Focus
- OK, but what if mounts and pack animals were intelligent, speaking NPCs for hire?
- Jean-Luc Marion uses the term "saturated phenomenon" to describe an "absolutely unique, irreproducible, and largely unpredictable event." I.e. any old RPG session.
- Undead skeletons are heavier than you'd think because of all the dark matter in their bones.
- "Every man must create his own system or else he is slave to another man's" --William Blake
- Mustardface, Agent of SLIVER (Sovereign Locus of Investigation & Vindication for Extradimensional Realities)
- Cyclops lost his eye in the war, got a beholder eye replacement.
- Inhuman Miscellany of the Underpeople - An MU with access to this tome is double effective at researching any spell castable by a Derro savant, but each success 1 in 6 cumulative chance of devolving into one of these wretched creatures.
- Torture Lantern (no clue why I wrote this down)
Sunday, November 10, 2019
Today I thought I could squeeze a blog post out of a bunch of undeveloped ideas that are scrawled into my current DM's notebook. Make of them what you will.
Posted by Jeff Rients at 9:52 AM