Polearms & Proust (or, In Search of Lost Biscuits)
-
A very silly role-playing game about introspective thugs with big pointy
sticks. Inspired by this BlueSky post, and written by someone who has never
read P...
Wednesday, February 01, 2017
20 areas that might hold dungeon levels in Piranesi's Carceri, plate VI
I am slightly obsessed with 18th century artist Giovanni Piranesi's collection Carceri d'invenzione ("Imaginary Prisons"). Piranesi draws vast, gothic 3-dimensional structures that I would love to implement in my dungeons. So I figured I'd try imagining a scenario where I'd use Piranesi directly as a handout. The idea is that the dungeon would use one or more of the Carceri as the key branching point of the dungeon, the way the box canyon in Keep on the Borderlands allows one to access any of the various Caves of Chaos.
In other words, give the players this picture (minus the red) and ask them where they want to go.
Whaddya think?
(PS Here's the unmarked original)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment